Namma Bengaluru


From Green to Geek.
From Bisi-belle-bath to Burger.
Bengaluru has it all :)

You know you're in Bangalore when...

~Every idli vada restaurant is called 'darshini'
~Popular excuse for delays..ah,Traffic Jam!!
~When there are half constructed flyovers,underpass,ring roads every other road( add namma metro to that )
~Reason for traffic Jam VIP visiting Infosys.
~Maga(son) actually means dude.
~Where the private local buses are called DVD/Home theater buses :D
~People speak every damn language on the planet.
~When you can answer the following questions correctly:
What is a sidewalk?
What is a shopping mall?
~There are more IT companies,pubs and movie halls than anywhere in India.
~Locals blame North Indians for spoiling the 'culture' of the city.
~You atleast need half-a-day to get to the airport.
~Every other guy/gal is a engineer.
~And the most common dialogue you get to hear anywhere in the part of the city is 'swalpa adjust madi'.

Hmm..besides all 'these' I still like the city I live in :)

8 comments:

  1. NJ a very good post..... i liked it.. mainly "maga" and "swalpa adjust madi".... superb NJ... :)

    Kuch bhi ho NJ its "namma bengaloru"... We love our bengaloru...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cud relate more if i had been there fr once, but got a picture anyhow! dvd buses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NJ
    Thank you :)

    @Varun
    Its time u visit :)
    Yeah they have a TV and DVD inside which they call 'the home theater' and which keeps playing Rajanikanth movies on loop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the traffic,I miss idli-dosas..
    I miss bengaluru so much now :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy only u can miss traffic :P

    Come Back!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nj....

    I guess this was the one which came in paper na??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good one dear...But u dint wrote any thing about chat centers na its too bad

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nj
    Haan re..this was the one :)

    @Vaishali
    Thank u...vl write it all in part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete

Liked it? Didn't like it? Have a say :)